Schiphol Car Rental
Choosing a Schiphol car rental for your journey to Amsterdam is definitely recommended if freedom and independent rides are among your top travel priorities. Amsterdam Airport houses all the major car rental companies as well as local providers. Thus, after searching and comparing the available options, you can easily come up with the ideal Schiphol car rental for you without having to dig deep to pay for it. So, why should you choose a car rental for your Amsterdam rides?
Freedom and Independence
Even though the Amsterdam public transit network is adequate and bikes are considered the city’s number one option, neither of them can measure up to the independence and convenience of a Schiphol car rental. Verily, once putting the key into the ignition, you can comfortably begin your drive from Amsterdam Airport to your hotel stress-free. What’s more, although the narrow streets of Amsterdam’s city center don’t favor rides while the Dutch capital is considered a walkable city, an Amsterdam car rental will allow you to explore the Netherlands at your own pace. It is a small country after all. Thus, traversing it from one side to the other is a totally doable task!
Choosing the Vehicle of your Preference
Are you looking for an economy car just to get around? Are you traveling with friends or family and need a spacious vehicle? On the other hand, luxury holidays require premium and luxurious rides as well. Car rental at Amsterdam Airport gives you the opportunity to choose the car of your preferences or budget or even the vehicle of your dreams. Moreover, add-ons such as GPS, additional driver, etc. are always on tap as long as you want them.
Spend your Traveling Time Enjoying and not Being Troubled
A Shiphol car rental can save you from all the hassle entailed in using public transit options, no matter how fast and efficient they may be. Carrying your luggage around, having it exposed to pickpocket incidents, and trying to find the right route and stop for your destination as well as your way from there definitely doesn’t sound appealing. Additionally, changes of lines may be necessary to reach your journey’s end, not only adding inconvenience to your ride but also raising its total duration.
Save Money on your Traveling Budget
If you want to minimize your expenses but still enjoy comfortable rides (taking bus, tram, subway, and train rides out of the equation), car rental in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport will be proven the best value-for-money option. Indeed, opting for taxi rides throughout your entire journey to Amsterdam will abruptly raise your budget.
Schiphol Car Rental Companies
Are you looking for one of the well-known international car rental companies? Almost all of them are to be found at Amsterdam International Airport, lying in Schiphol Plaza, at the Car Rental & Service Desk area. Hence, all you have to do is follow the “Car Rental” signs from the baggage claim zone to the designated Schiphol Plaza location. Explicitly, car rental at Amsterdam Airport is provided by the following agencies:
- Avis – Budget
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Our Tip: Please keep in mind that those are the Schiphol car rental companies operating at the airport. Numerous other providers offer their services to AMS passengers, even though they don’t have on-site desks.
Tips & Hints for a Top Car Rental at Amsterdam Airport
- You can pre-book your car rental at Schiphol Airport or make a reservation as soon as you land at AMS Airport. Nevertheless, booking in advance is always recommended. In that way, not only do you avoid wasting time at the airport, but you also have a wider vehicle variety at your disposal. In fact, early bookings usually come with the best deals and discounts.
- If you can’t decide on the Schiphol car rental company or the right vehicle type, you can always check the previous customers’ reviews.
- A credit card should be required for your car rental at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. The cardholder’s name must be the same as the main driver’s.
- Some credit cards offer car rental insurance coverage.
- Opting for a full insurance package isn’t obligatory. Still, it is recommended to stay out of trouble in case of damage or an accident.
- Take some pics of your vehicle before starting your ride to capture any existing damages.
- The fuel-to-fuel policy is definitely advisable. Refilling the car before dropping it off will be much cheaper than the car rental company’s fuel fees.
- Most of the time, Schiphol car rental companies charge per 24 hours. Thus, choose your dropping-off time wisely to avoid getting extra charged.
- Schiphol car rental providers usually accept after-hour dropping-offs. In such a case, you’ll have to follow the signs to the ” Car Rental Return” area, park the vehicle, and leave the keys in the company’s drop box inside the terminal.
- For most car rental companies, the minimum age limit to rent a car at Amsterdam Airport is 21. However, some car types (premium, SUV, etc.) set a higher age limit, while young drivers (under 25 years of age) usually pay an extra fee.
- To rent a car at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, you’ll have to hand over a valid driver’s license issued at least one year before the rental date. An International Driving Permit is also required for licenses not written in the Latin alphabet.
- Overall, Dutch drivers drive carefully and respect traffic laws.
- If you disobey a traffic regulation, you’ll probably get fined. In that case, you’ll have to pay the fine as well as the car rental company’s sending fees.
- You should at all times pay attention to the cyclists. They are countless, and they always have priority.
- Please keep in mind that the streets in the city center are narrow, and tram lines usually have the right of way.
- Amsterdam traffic jams are more tolerable than in most European countries. Still, the streets around the airport tend to get congested.
- The average price for an economy vehicle is 44€/47$. However, extra amenities (GPS, child seats, etc.) raise the price.
What is the cheapest car rental in Schiphol?
Overall, the Schiphol car rental prices vary depending on numerous factors. Thus, the rental duration, the time of the year, the extra amenities, and the vehicle type are only some of them. Avis, Europcar, and Sixt are considered to offer the cheapest car rentals at Amsterdam Airport. Still, thorough research and in-advance booking can end in even better deals and prices.
Where is car rental in Schiphol?
The Schiphol car rental area lies in Schiphol Plaza. Thus, after collecting your luggage, all you have to do is follow the “Car Rental” signs scattered all around the airport to the Car Rental & Service Desk location.
Is it cheaper to rent a car in advance or at the airport?
To find the best deal and the top value-for-money car rental at Amsterdam Airport, you should make your reservation in advance. In that way, you’ll secure the lowest prices as well as have access to a wide variety of vehicle types. What’s more, you’ll avoid the time-consuming car hire procedures when landing at Amsterdam Airport.